Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Capturing cisco 837 message to syslog server

Hi again,

Today, i added syslog server to capture my cisco 837 message. I require this after i enable firewall using SDM. Strangely , I can't visit few websites(www.cnn.com / mail.yahoo.com ) after enable it. From console, i can't read the message. it scroll to fast.

ok, first i disable all message logging to console and then i enable message to send to syslog server. My syslog server ip address is 10.1.201.2 .


Router(config)#no logging console
Router(config)#logging 10.1.201.2












i'm using Syslog Watcher personal edition which can be download from http://www.snmpsoft.com/downloads/SyslogWatcherPersonal.exe

I found out access-list 103 keep block packet from external. I don't think by removing the 103 is a good idea. Let me check on the ACL configuration tutorial for the answer.



-Update 21st Oct 2010-

Finally, i found out the reason why those few website inaccessible,
just disable ip inspect http.
I added it using SDM before. ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home